We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation, Sick & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401(k) with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available
JOB SUMMARY: The Mechanic / Electrician classifications is responsible for the maintenance and repair of various pre-press, sheeting, printing, and finishing manufacturing equipment at an acceptable speed and efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of safety. In addition, general and building maintenance is assigned to this Mechanic position. This is achieved through strong knowledge of electro-mechanics, PLC’s, the ability to troubleshoot various equipment problems, and adhering to all Safety Requirements and Rules.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems, following specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, crane, fork lift, precision measuring and testing instruments, etc.
- Initiates and supports plant downtime reduction.
- Troubleshooting: Confers with operators and observes, listens for unusual sounds, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment gain access to and remove defective parts, make repairs, and then reassemble.
- Installs, repairs, replaces, changes, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of equipment and machinery.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Completes daily work orders within the time frame specified on the work order.
- Installs machinery and equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of the building does not deteriorate.
- Inspects drives, motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance functions, following checklists.
- Transports machine parts, tools ,equipment and other material between work areas and storage using carts, fork truck, lift, pallet jack, etc.
- Records repairs and maintenance performed.
- Requisitions parts and supplies from catalogs and suppliers, or obtains them from store room.
- Installs, repairs and replaces wiring and electrical components of machinery.
- Must be experienced in Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs. Experience should include program language installation, maintenance and applications.
- Journeyman millwright or mechanic
- Lifting up to 20 lbs frequently (11-33% of the time) and lifting 21-60 lbs occasionally (1-10% of the time)
- Requires use of both feet frequently
- Requires use of both hands for simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulation and repetitive actions continuously
- Requires right and left hand coordination
- Ability to stand, climb, walk, kneel and crouch frequently (34-66% of the time)
- Ability to bend, squat, reach above shoulder and at waist or lower, twist, stretch, push/pull with force up to 45 lbs, carry, grasp with force up to 90 lbs and finger occasionally (1-33% of the time)
- Ability to read, write, hear, see, speak and have agility on a continuous basis
- Rarely laying on back to complete preventative and breakdown maintenance to perform mechanical and electrical services to ensure plant operations
- Pushing (occasionally) horizontal at a self-selected height with a force of 35 lbs indoors on a smooth and inclined surface to complete fabrication of requested items to perform mechanical and electrical services to ensure plant operations
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature and loud noises
- PPE required: Steel-toed/safety footwear, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Cut resistant Safety Gloves, Hair Net, Beard Net
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .