Who we are
We are the Margin and Collateral Production Management team with J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank, a global leader in Collateral Management managing trillions of US Dollars in assets. Our team helps our clients ensure optimal usage of their collateral assets, working with our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. We ensure the application platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remediated, and that we avoid repeat failures. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
What will you do?
You will be focused on:
· Providing first-line support for mission-critical Collateral Management applications
· Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge with team members and global partners
· Liaising with application development and infrastructure teams targeting on-going development, production activity and release management
· Ownership of major production incidents, working closely with other technology teams in order to resolve business-impacting issues
· Pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increasing business value
· Upholding and championing bank and Production Management policies, procedures and standards
· Managing projects through to completion, adhering to project management best practices
· Bringing a DevOps mind-set to the entire software development life cycle: building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale. You will develop application changes as well as improvements to automation, monitoring, and telemetry gathering.
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding Application Support Analyst/Engineer with experience working in a fast paced, high pressured environment. This would be ideally within financial services or a large-scale technology firm.
Required Experience and Skills:
· A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science (CS) or related field plus at least 5 years in a production support environment; or master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field plus at least 3 years in a production support environment
· Unix or Linux environment including shell scripting
· Experience in a relational database including SQL update and query scripts
· Experience in Java / J2EE is mandatory. Candidate with prior development experience will be preferred
· Cloud development (such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
· Experience in Hadoop or Apache Cassandra
· Weekend and shift-offset (early start or late end, Central Time) work will be required as part of a shared rotation, with compensatory time off for weekend work.
Additional "plus" Attributes
· Experience in job schedulers such as Control-M or Autosys
· Experience in ITIL tools such as HP Service Manager or Service Now
· Experience in monitoring tools such as Geneos and Dynatrace
· Experience in messaging platforms such as IBM MQSeries
· Experience in Agile development, Continuous Integration, and/or Continuous Delivery
· You have a thirst for knowledge and want to expand your technical and business skills
· You are proficient working with a variety of platforms, in addition to UNIX/Linux
· You have a proficient understanding of network technologies including TCP/IP and DNS
· You are capable of using Perl, Python, or other scripting languages to automate processes
· You can manage demanding clients constantly evolving needs
· You can think quickly and logically under pressure, understanding and fixing problems in a fast-paced environment
· You are able to understand and invoke the principles of ITIL and can use them to effectively protect and govern our production environment
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team: Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.