The Laboratory Assistant Senior performs tasks to support the laboratory technical staff in the areas of specimen procurement, specimen processing and some basic lab testing. Trains new personnel, prepares work schedules, oversees daily workflow, and ensures site adheres to company policies and practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years phlebotomy experience required
- Leadership skills required
- Computer skills and medical terminology required
- Customer service experience required
- For hospital settings, additional requirements may apply and change without notice, including, but not limited to, criminal background check, health clearance and hospital compliance training
- Successfully pass Company pre-employment drug test and periodic and random thereafter
- Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
Under general supervision and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Performs all essential duties of a laboratory assistant ensuring compliance with Company practices
- Trains and orientates new employees into the Company
- Prepares work schedules
- Expedites workflow by providing help to technical staff as required
- Ensures phlebotomy requests are responded to in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines
- Ensures proper inventory of supplies and placement of supply orders are within purchasing guidelines
- Ensures troubleshooting requests are handled in a proper and timely manner
- Ensures lab equipment is maintained in proper working order
- Provides oversight of the handling of cash, check, and charge payments on site
- Keeps staff and supervisor informed about special projects (clinical studies) drawn on site
- Provides input for employee performance reviews
- Keeps supervisor informed of employee concerns and/or issues
- May be assigned to work at other locations as required
- Adheres to safety, confidentiality, compliance, and legal requirements
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance and comply with Company guidelines on attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Light to moderate physical effort
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects; and lifting of up to 50 lbs may be required
- Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Must be able to hear, see, and respond adequately
- Frequent prolonged standing, walking, sitting, and bending over
- Use of hands and fingers
- Air conditioned laboratory environment
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals
- Frequent contact with water (hand washing and cleaning), bio-hazardous body fluids, and occasional hazardous chemicals
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction
- May be asked to work extended hours
- Perceive pertinent details and verbal or tabular material
- Ability to see things from the customer’s/patient’s point of view and respond in a timely appropriate and courteous manner
- Handle emergency situations with calmness and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with others and promotes positive working relationships
- Perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately
- Understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their effective use
- Understand instructions, reason, and make judgments
- Delegate work assignments
- CUSTOMER-FOCUSED: Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships.
- COMMUNICATOR: Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; possesses strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Uses data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- COLLABORATIVE: Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- TECHNICALLY COMPETENT: Possesses and maintains the functional and technical knowledge and skills to successfully perform job.
- QUALITY CONSCIOUS: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules, and standards.
- TIME-WISE: Prioritizes; respects others’ time; adheres to schedules and agendas
Company: Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
40 hrs/week; Mon-Sat
Primary Shift: Days; 0400-1800
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.