As a Mortgage Loan Processor, you’ll be responsible for daily loan processing and basic operations for first mortgages. The person in this role succeeds by being knowledgeable of UW Credit Union investor guidelines and State and Federal regulations. As one of the top mortgage lenders in Wisconsin, this position plays a critical role in creating a smooth lending process for our members. Surpassing over 260,000 members and $3 billion in assets requires mortgage processors who are detail-oriented, thrive in managing multiple priorities, can act in our members’ best interest, and are part of a collaborative team who has each other’s backs. If this sounds like a culture and environment you want to join, we want to talk to you!
- Process basic to complex loan files by income analysis, credit bureau review, repayment ability, and property value.
- Deliver top notch guidance to members on loan documentation and application process.
- Collaborate with loan officers to ensure quality service, including the effective handling of inquiries from realtors, members, and vendors.
- Analyze loan applications for accuracy and compliance requirements. Submit for approval at various times and obtain complete information for all findings.
- Communicate with loan originator on deadlines and outstanding documentation.
- Consistently meet deadlines including commitment due dates, rate expirations, and closing dates and times.
- Perform initial property appraisal review. Send title and appraisal order confirmations to vendors.
- Pay vendors, close out LIP, and cancel services for denied/withdrawn loans.
- Maintain working knowledge of various mortgage product options including fixed rate, adjustable rate, WHEDA, and lot loans.
- Maintain a current understanding of all policies, investor guidelines, and state and federal guidelines related to saleability of the loan i.e. TRID, RESPA, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of all private investor/FNMA/FHLMA/FHLB/Government/Secondary Market underwriting guidelines.
- Educate members about underwriting guidelines and internal policies.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Mortgage Lending Division team members regarding error resolution.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7 months to one-year experience in mortgage lending or experience in a financial institution is preferred
- Must have exceptional member service skills
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail
- Possess time management skills
- Positively engage in assigned projects and training
- Able to recommend and develop process improvements and procedures
Join Wisconsin’s number one credit union as rated by Forbes 2018, a four-time recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and a two-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplace to receive:
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 21.5 days annual time off
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 9 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- Variable bonus reward
- Free bus pass and B-Cycle membership
- 5 health plan options, including domestic partner eligibility
- And more!
UW Credit Union