You may think “old” when you think of Institute on Aging because we offer services for elders and are a 40+ year institute…. but you wouldn’t be more wrong. While we do have a long-standing history in the Bay Area, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence, and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
Institute on Aging (IOA) is dedicated to preserving the dignity, independence and well-being of aging adults and people with disabilities. Our broad spectrum of services addresses not just the traditional health care needs of our clients, but the needs of the whole person as well – from mental health services to housing support, in-home care, crisis intervention, social isolation programs, caregiver support and intensive case management.
This break-through model of care, and our 40+ years of hands-on innovation, have dramatically enhanced the quality of life for our clients, improved their health outcomes and reduced costs for our payer partners. Our track record of success is why Institute on Aging is recognized as a national leader in shaping healthcare policy.
IOA Finance is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst at its San Francisco, CA headquarter office. Reporting to IOA’s Director of BI, the BI Analyst will provide critical reporting and analysis, contribute to key initiatives, and participate in data improvement projects.
Other key duties include:
- Design reports, visualizations and dashboards that highlight key trends in the business
- Analyze findings and provide insights in a professional, concise, user friendly format appropriate to the audience
- Understand critical business performance drivers and assist in developing organizational KPIs
- Extract, prepare and QA data for reporting, integrating data from multiple disparate sources
- Incorporate comparisons, benchmarks, variances and trends into reporting
- Gather and document business requirements for internal customers
- Translate business requirements into analytic solutions that meet customer needs
- Create thorough, detailed documentation of key data processes
- Increase the efficiency of reporting processes and automate reports
- Participate in Data Quality improvement projects
- Assist the Director in implementing a BI Department Quality Assurance (QA) process to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Informatics, Analytics or another related discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in healthcare data, reporting and analytics
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving competencies
- 2-3 years using BI/Analytic software tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI
- Understanding of data management concepts such as data lineage/lifecycle and data warehousing
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues in an effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to see organizational perspective and strategic view
- Technical skills: Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Excel, Tableau and PowerPoint
- Home Health software experience (Procura)
- SQL Management Studio and SQL query experience
- NetSuite and Adaptive experience
- Project Management experience or familiar with PM concepts
IOA reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Institute on Aging