Candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment as well as supporting the development and integration lab environment. Candidate will directly provide Operations and Maintenance support and cross over support to engineering tasks. Candidate must be able to learn the system architecture and data flow, and proactively monitor the systems to prevent system problems.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the lifec-ycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems engineering, system administration, integration, troubleshooting, and system security. In addition, provide Operations & Maintenance activities on existing systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff.
Specific duties include tasks such as:
1) Manage systems in VMWare environment.
2) Install COTS and developed software.
3) Install and reconfigure assets to support new or changing lab project needs.
4) Monitor the systems for possible hardware problems, working with vendors to resolve issues.
5) Run scripts to perform house-keeping against the data in the production system databases.
6) Participate in customer exercises by setting up the exercise system and ensure that the data needed for the exercise is received and processed properly.
7) Write scripts to monitor the system for problems.
8) Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, and implement solutions (e.g. database tables getting too large, data not flowing properly through the system, data not being processed in a timely manner, etc.).
9) Install Operating System, other Commercial-Off-The-Shelf patches, and establish secure (hardened configurations) on servers.
10) Set-up/maintain user accounts.
11) Support the customers' needs (resolve connectivity issues, permission problems, etc.).
12) Participate in program meetings to discuss technical issues or coordinate production system changes.
The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff.
- Current active Top Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for SCI access and willingness to take a polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 + years of prior relevant experience, or related experience in lieu of degree.
-Linux system administration – strong Linux/Unix administration experience - integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening.
- Operating System knowledge: CentOS, RHEL, SE Linux, Windows
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems.
-Virtual Environment administration - Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
-System integration – experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to work independently and at times as only LM representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Small scale development of script level routines and web applications: languages (Perl, shell script, XML), web environments (e.g. Apache), software development environment (source control, build process).
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification (SSCP, Network +, or similar certification and actual implementation experience in this domain) is a plus
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus: Eligible
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Requisition Category: Professional
Job Family: Systems Administration