Shift time: Graveyard
Purpose of the Position: Responsible for operating the saw equipment at maximum machine efficiency, generating highest part quality and performing general machine predictive maintenance based on safety and best practices in the steel service industry.
- Efficient operation of numerically controlled saw through challenging the capabilities of the machine and maximizing the utilization of the material consumed. Ensuring quality and customer expectations are met on every order.
- Confirm order requirements are met, including the proper selection of job priority, material, dies, machine setting, and program loading. Select position, and align dies. Adjust pressure, die clearances, and back gauges as required.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by improving product quality through validation of machine positioning, program accuracy and inspection of the final product.
- Make adjustments; edit programs, etc. to optimize production quality and efficiency.
- First part inspection on all production runs to specified tolerances and dimensional check.
- Increase process flow and delivery response by assisting other employees in your department.
- Perform regular predictive maintenance of the equipment to ensure maximum up-time
- Participate in ensuring a safe work environment through best practices including promoting of all company safety policies, OSHA guidelines, maintenance of a 5S workstation
- Fill out necessary forms and paperwork, including routing sheets, production reports, etc.
- Handle material with use of an overhead crane and forklift.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED optional
- Minimum one year of press brake experience
- Ability to read, and interpret prints
- Able to read Standard English and metric tapes and micrometers
- Must understand program editing, basic machine functions, safe operations, machine adjustments and reading, basic math, and dimensional knowledge
- Full understanding of material flow and routing
- Prior fabrication experience as well as, crane operation, metal processing, and material handling equipment experience
Farwest Steel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
Powered by JazzHR