Our Mission: Enhancing the lives of those we serve.
About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Ave, Colby, Kansas
Position Information: Primarily responsible for the routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food, including setting up dining rooms for meals, cleaning dining rooms after meals, serving resident meals, and preparing resident snacks.
Responsible to the dietary manager.
Days: 5 days per week, including every other weekend and one-half of the major holidays each year
Hours: 5:30 am through 3 pm. 5 days per week
Pay Range: Starting at $11.25 and dependent upon experience.
What you'll do:
- Assist in preparing and serving residents meals and snacks.
- Follow established governmental regulations, departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
- Complete assigned cleaning duties according to sanitation procedures and designated scheduled assignments, and documents the completion of such duties.
- Completes documentation of temperatures and meal counts.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school Graduate or GED preferred. Must be 16 years of age.
- Experience in institutional or food service setting preferred, but not required.
- Must have basic English, reading, writing skills.
- Must be able to recognize quality service, sanitary conditions, and efficient work procedures Ability to deal understandingly and tactfully in a professional manner with residents and their families.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strives for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintains professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Well-lighted, well-ventilated, clean area. Subject to frequent interruptions and deadlines. Extended and irregular hours may be necessary. Independent thought and action required. Will be exposed to conditions and elements of aging. Work may include working throughout the facility. At times, may be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents. Communication is expected with co-workers, residents and other visitors to the facility. Occasionally you will be asked to work beyond normal working hours, shifts other than normally assigned, and/or in other positions temporarily, when necessary. This may include but not limited to holidays, weekends, evenings, filling in for staff, etc. May be subject to offensive odors, loud noises, and unpleasant sights associated with the physical and mental conditions of the residents. May be exposed to infectious waste and/or diseases unless proper procedures are utilized. Will be required to wash hands frequently with disinfectant soaps. Subject to long periods of time standing or walking. Moderate temperature extremes at times from institutional cooking equipment and walk-in coolers. Subject to burns and cuts. Exposed to hazards of heat, steam, chemicals, and wet floors. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Typical Physical Demands:
Manual dexterity, normal sight with or without corrective lenses, and hearing adequate for all types of interpersonal communications. Eye- hand coordination, frequent standing &/or walking, lifting of equipment and supplies. Must be willing to understand & follow the facility safety rules, including the proper use of body mechanics. Requires lifting, stooping, and bending to perform job assignments. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off (4 weeks)
- CME allowance
- Student Loan reimbursement
- Malpractice covered
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842, or visit their office located at 100 E. College Drive in the Annex building. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.