Travel will be required from time to time at different job sites. The successful candidate(s) should be familiar with all surveying techniques used for pipeline surveying.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will work primarily in the field on control, topographic surveys, and pipeline surveys as Instrument Man / Rodman of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote Colorado.
- May also perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey computer programs and AutoCAD.
- Cut and remove brush and undergrowth for line of sight.
- Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field data.
- Reads and understands plans and specifications.
- Know basic sources of measurement errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dig ground using a pick, shovel and other hand tools to search for and locate survey monuments.
- Hold and plum rod in obtaining elevations and distances.
- Drive stakes to set grades on construction projects.
- Provide quality seamless customer service.
- Know, understand and demonstrate safe working/operating methods of assigned tools and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year total survey experience.
- Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators.
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Valid Drivers License required.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the company's policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
- Build your career with our extensive employee training programs.
- Be part of the fastest growing surveying company in the area.
- Company medical Insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Use cutting edge technology to assist you in your daily tasks.
- Matching 401(k)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Our people work on some of the most challenging and high profile projects in the area. Working at King Surveyors will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals, many of whom are at the top of their fields, on projects that impact our world for the better.
As one of the largest land surveying and consulting firms, we offer employees countless job opportunities and career paths. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it.
We are dedicated to providing our people with the support they need to do outstanding work. From our competitive benefits program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we provide the support you need to excel at your job. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran
Powered by JazzHR