Overview: Performs maintenance activities including but not limited to equipment, buildings, grounds, utilities and other devices on a 24/7 schedule in order to maintain a corn milling operation safely and efficiently, complying with food safety and process quality standards. Constructs, repairs, installs and removes various machines, equipment and piping. Must be willing to work overtime and respond to call-in work. Supports the Maintenance Team to provide 24/7 coverage as per the schedule provided by the Maintenance supervisor.
Essential functions and activities:
- Reads and interprets drawings and layouts.
- Sets up and operates the equipment necessary to perform all functions of the craft.
- Installs, maintains, replaces, moves, aligns or removes equipment, machines and piping or any other production or maintenance devices.
- Installs and maintains insulation on equipment, piping, ducts and spouting.
- Makes repairs to and checks machines and equipment for correct operation.
- Performs mechanical operations necessary for the construction, installation, repair and operation of equipment and devices of the plant.
- Rebuild, repair, replace damaged, defective or worn parts
- Does necessary carpentry and concrete work.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and removes material and equipment from job site. Assists in overall plant cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Operates Maintenance Shop tools including but not limited to drills, saws, grinders, welders, plasma cutter, oxyacetylene torch, etc.
- Cuts, threads and fits pipes.
- Works at all areas of the plant including, indoors, outdoors , confined spaces, and working at heights with the proper PPE
- Performs building and grounds maintenance
- Operates fork trucks
- Data entry to SAP, This will include Work Orders, PM’s, and issuing daily work log to the Maintenance team. This person is responsible for daily Maintenance reporting into SAP following Bunge ARROP policy.
- Will keep track of spare parts, and weekly inventory usage. This person will be responsible for maintaining current inventory and establishing new critical spare parts list and maintaining inventory. This will also include data entry into SAP to develop spare parts inventory.
- Keep all functional locations up to date with the addition to new equipment and/or equipment change
- Completion of a 4 year apprenticeship program and/or 8 years of equivalent maintenance experience
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Able to operate Maintenance Shop machinery: drill, saws, grinders, etc.
- Experience as welder. Able to weld regular steel.
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment
- Can read and understand drawings, prints, etc.
- Able to drive a fork truck safely (If not an experienced driver needs to be able to become one)
- Can use simple maintenance tools such as impacts, wrenches, pliers, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.
- Basic PC/Laptop hardware & software knowledge and experience
- LOTO training and experience
- Technical data interpretation
- Can read and understand SOP’s, prints and manuals
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled