Direct Hire Opportunity
Kelly Services is currently seeking Manufacturing Technician for one of our top clients in Griffin, GA.
As a Manufacturing Technician placed by Kelly Services you will be responsible for safely providing
technical maintenance support, direction and leadership to the manufacturing operation resulting in a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Work in alignment with Company mission and values.
- Work safely and identify safety issues. Responsible for his/her own safety and has significant responsibility for the safety of others through identifying unsafe conditions. Must be familiar with safety procedures common in the industry.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Operate in a safely and proficiently a wide variety of tools and instrumentation including but not limited to; voltage tester, amp meter, megger, hand tools, power tools, personal computers, etc. used in the performance of the job. Must become familiar with all equipment in the plant. Must learn to operate all machinery for troubleshooting purposes. Must demonstrate a working knowledge of trouble shooting techniques, decision making, handling stressful situations, interaction with others, repairing and replacing faulty systems, parts and equipment. Must initiate and implement correct actions to achieve high quality performance standards. Must demonstrate through written / hands-on testing through comprehension of three of the four following basic skills and have a working knowledge of the other skill area.
- A) Mechanical - bearings, mechanical power transmission, chain drives, belt drives, gear drives, couplings, mechanical fasteners, packing and seals, pumps, conveyors, pipe fittings and valves, steam lines and traps, etc.
- B) Hydraulic / Pneumatic - principles of hydraulic and pneumatic power, hydraulic fluids, piping and sealing, reservoirs, actuators, directional controls, servo valves, pressure controls, volume controls, pumps, motors, filtration, air compressors, etc.
- C) Electrical - basic circuit laws, measurements and safety, circuit components, magnetism and electromagnetism, power distribution systems, AC power, capacitance, inductance, transformers, switchboards, motor control centers, busways, etc. Familiar with NEC codes and PLC knowledge is a plus
- D) Electronics - programmable controllers, semiconductor devices, transducers, power supplies, junction transistors, amplifiers, open and closed loop controls, robotics, etc.
- Leadership - is leader of people associated with the maintenance department. Must have knowledge of plant processing, sanitation and security procedures. Must work with and teach other mechanics so that they may become more knowledgeable and skilled.
- Practice good work habits. Attitude reflects the company philosophy of doing your best, doing what is right, and treating others as you would like to be treated. Other considerations for this position require this individual participate in available and relevant training. Must also be willing to help coordinate activities of outside contractors and vendors.
- Report’s and Reporting - Must provide system status and data reports for management personnel. Must keep accurate, concise records of all problem areas.
- Materials or Products - Care and attention is necessary to ensure equipment and machinery are capable to produce quality rubber products. Must be able to serve as a support and resource to various teams. Must also be able to provide support for specific approved trials.
- Care of equipment - Care should be taken when starting, operating or stopping equipment to prevent damage to equipment. Must be able to promptly identify, correct, and report all system malfunctions through performing diagnostics and repairs to process machinery, equipment and controls through the application of advanced trouble-shooting skills that will result in maintenance of equipment to plant safety and housekeeping standards. Must perform preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on process machinery and plant equipment.
- Communication - Responsible to communicate to maintenance team members, manufacturing team members, department supervisor/manager(s), contractors, vendors, customers, suppliers, etc. on issues in the areas of Safety, Quality, Production, Equipment, Process Methods, Housekeeping, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of and follow the Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Perform, support and provide resources in the areas of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Critical Point checks on existing features.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in harmony with all employees in the organization and display this ability on an ongoing daily basis.
Physical Effort - Moderate physical effort may be required when repairing or installing equipment. Individual can be exposed to extreme temperatures for long periods of times. Occasion heavy lifting up to 120lbs.
Maintained technical competence in advancing technology via frequent training courses, on the job training, vendor schools, seminars, industry associations and publications.
- Utilized all training provided and referred to manuals when necessary.
- Need to have good mechanical aptitude and ability to do mathematical calculations, statistical knowledge and understand the principles of physics. Must be able to understand and trouble-shoot ladder logic.
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and repairing electro-mechanical equipment.
- Strong electrical background is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate in a timely fashion to teammates
- View as a leader among peers
- Well-versed at handling high stress or demanding environments. Able to multi-task.
- High principles of honesty, integrity, and ethical business practices.
- Demonstrated training abilities.
- Team player - team relations feedback is high.
- Able to function well as a leader or member of a project team. Has multi-disciplinary team experience.
- Dependable with good attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Basic Education
- Reading level - 12th grade equivalent
- Math level - 12th grade equivalent
- Language level - 12th grade equivalent
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity.