Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through people, process and technology, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including two-thirds of all in the U.S., 11 million employees who use its , and nearly nine million people who travel through daily. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients including $17 billion in savings from medical bill review for workers compensation claims, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, and up to 40% improvement in processing costs, while driving higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at .
Public Health Informatics Epidemiologist
***Position can be located close to any Conduent, USA location (work from home position in US with some travel)***
A qualified candidate has the following experience:
- At least a Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or other related fields.
- At least 2-5 years of experience, preferred (includes student-, or school-related internships).
Conduent Public Health Solutions has a proven track record of implementing business-focused, streamlined, automated decision support and case management technical solutions for public health. We currently have over 40 deployments of Maven both within the U.S. and internationally. Conduent Public Health Consulting (CPHC) within Conduent Public Health Solutions provides contracted and consulting services to local and state health departments and other public health entities. The mission of CPHS is to help improve and protect the health and environment of states, cities and communities, both nationally and internationally.
As an Informatics Epidemiologist, you will:
- Assist state and local health departments in solving a variety of public health issues utilizing our Maven application.
- Assist health departments in evaluating changes needed to the system to support the transition to GenV2 MMGs as part of the NMI.
- Provide expert support and knowledge in public health, disease surveillance, analytics, and informatics.
- Assist state and local health departments with technical issues around a wide variety of public health areas and related outcomes.
- Prepare comprehensive public health reports, Examples include community/program assessments, program protocols, and statistical/analytical reports.
- Assist in grant and proposal writing. Examples include state and local RFPs and government funding opportunities.
- Provide public health support/knowledge to Conduent Public Health Solutions projects and employees.
- Collect and manage public health data, conduct quantitative analyses, and develop associated reports.
- Experience in disease surveillance and understanding of process and outcome evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of NMI, MMG, and Promoting Interoperability initiatives.
- Experience in applying knowledge of public health initiatives to informatics.
- Experience working with Electronic Lab Reporting.
- Experience in data management and statistical analysis, specifically secondary data sets.
- Knowledge of SAS (and/or R).
- Knowledge of Conduent’s Maven Disease Surveillance System is a plus but is not required.
- Experience in quantitative methods and analyses.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate and present information in a clear and understandable manner; able to communicate both written and verbally with management and team leaders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment on site and across locations to achieve goals.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities; good organizational skills.
- Good relationship and partnering skills.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: . You may also .