Senior Business Systems Analyst
Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: 7-8 months
- Business Systems Analysts study the overall business and information needs of an organization, in order to develop solutions to business and related technology problems. A business Systems Analyst's role is usually undertaken prior to the system design, building and programming stages of the systems development process. Works closely with clients to identify business needs and the costs and benefits of implementing a computing solution. Construct IT definitions based on identified needs of the organization. Work with other IT experts to address networking and hardware needs. Devise and document a general system design based on the client's anticipated requirements. Negotiate options with the client.
- Provide application Security support for the My HR applications in the Production and test environments.
- Identify and create solutions by reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes; Define functional business requirements and translate them into system requirements for updates to the system; Conduct gap analysis to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Develop project plans and ensure plan adherence.
- Must have a strong working experience with PeopleSoft Security v9.1 or higher; Must be able to define and set-up new Security access requirements; Must have experience with any or all of the following PeopleSoft HRMS v9.1 Modules: HR, Self-Service and Payroll North America.
- Complete understanding and application of concepts, techniques and standards in general HR and business analysis, as well as IT principles and practices.
- Strong business writing skills and to be able to present analysis, documentation of processes, methods, solutions, etc.
- Interpretive – ability to translate business processes and requirements into system specifications
- Intermediate to expert experience level with MS Excel, Word, Visio, and Project
- Ability to create complex reports using PeopleSoft Query, Access, Excel or other 3rd party reporting tool
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including trending and root cause analysis; Ability to problem-solving complex issues; Ability to perform database querying and report development; Ability to effectively work independently; Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, connecting business concepts to technical system concepts.
- Ability to work in a diverse and large matrixed team environment
- Process oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate issue resolution with team members and/or business partners
- Professional presentation with a high degree of integrity & accuracy
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team; Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to exert influence across the organization.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.