- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or another closely related IT discipline.
- At least 5 years’ direct experience performing hands-on network monitoring and intrusion detection in an enterprise environment
One of the following certifications is required:
- CompTIA Security+
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- GIAC: Certified Intrusion Analyst
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols.
- Real-time network monitoring using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Experience with raw packet analysis (PCAP)
- Experience using a broad variety of network defense/monitoring tools in the context of an analyst
- Experience investigating security alerts, logs and raw data to determine if an event is a false positive or legitimate security concern
- Experience consolidating and conducting comprehensive analysis of threat data obtained from proprietary and open source resources to provide indication and warnings of impending attacks against networks
- Experience creating reports from large amounts of data
- Experience with event escalation
- Computer Intrusion methodology, and intrusion analysis/investigation methodology
- Ability to interface with and describe security concerns to users, customers, and senior leadership
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.