MAIN LOCATION: Oley Valley High School
REPORTS TO: Head Cook, Kitchen Manager, and Site Supervisor
PURPOSE: The primary role of a Food Service Aide/Assistant Kitchen Manager is to assist in the kitchen in all facets of daily food preparation, serving and clean-up. This can vary between Head Cooks, schools and districts. Food handling safety and personal safety are critical in the roll of the Food Service Aide position.Food service experience required. Food service staff supervision is preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Hours per day/week as assigned
PERFORMANCE FEEDBACK: Head Cook, Kitchen Manager, Food Service Manager, and District Staff
SUPERVISES: No one.
JOB SUMMARY: The Food Service Aide will work in preparing and distributing food items; providing complete and accurate documentation and audit trail for meals served; and maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Minimum of high school diploma.
- Ability to work effectively with students and adults in a school setting.
- Adequate visual and auditory acuity to work in a kitchen environment.
- Ability to follow a schedule.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with daily routines.
- Ability to record data utilizing various data collection tools.
- Personality traits that are conducive to a harmonious relationship with students, school district personnel, and the public.
- Requires a medical examination as per Pennsylvania law; valid criminal history check; child abuse clearance; and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history investigation.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and effectively, both orally and in writing, with the administrative staff, professional and support staff, students, parents, and community.
- Prepares fruits and/or vegetables for daily use, including but not limited to, slicing, cupping and otherwise preparing according to kitchen standards.
- Assists in the preparation of any menu items as directed by the site supervisor.
- Serves meals on line during lunch shifts as directed.
- Cleans work areas and ensures leftovers are properly put away for the next day’s use.
- Assists in wiping tables and chairs in cafeteria.
- Clean and sanitize serving areas each day.
- Follow food preparation instructions and serve all food and beverages according to cafeteria safety and sanitary policies.
- Assists with sweeping and mopping floors.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. placing in steam tables, a la carte trays, filling racks, mobile carts, etc.) for the purpose of making items available to students and staff.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Collects payments for food items from students and staff.
- Uses proper body mechanics and cleaning procedures for the purpose of preventing accidental injuries to self and others.
- Completes necessary Professional Standards Training annually.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the site supervisor.
- Ability to to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height.
- Ability to sit and/or standfor extended periods of time.
- Ability to use fingers to pick, feel, and grasp objects.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to bend and stoop.
- Ability to use both hands for repetitive motion.
- Some bending and twisting of the body required.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal commercial kitchen levels.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time along with sitting and walking/moving throughout the work environment.
- Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids.
- Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Subject to inside kitchen environmental conditions.
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and service oriented.
- Must be able to work in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to read and write and communicate effectively
- Ability to organize tasks, to handle multiple tasks, and to exercise good judgment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This position description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. School Operation Services (SOS) Group Inc. may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this position (or the position itself) at any time as it deems necessary. The employee in this position will be required to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor(s).
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the company of any and all reasonable accommodations that will be required.