IT Engineering Manager – Digital Experiences
Req. # 11967 Company Name Waters Division Category Information Technology Location US-MA-Milford Type Regular Full-Time
Do you want to be part of a global digital transformation journey and help grow a multi-million dollar digital and B2B eCommerce business? Would you like to lead a team working on customer experience platforms including Adobe Experience Cloud (AEM, DAM, Analytics, Marketo, Launch, Audience) and a brand new Waters.com experience? How about an opportunity to be part of a growing a digital organization and impact global business (operations in 30+ countries in Americas, EU and Asia, customers in 100+ countries)?
If yes, lets chat.
About the role:
The IT Engineering Manager is a leadership position with the skills and experience to lead a software development team in implementing and building technologies to support global website, service agreements, and other customer experience technologies. The role is accountable for the delivery of customer experience solutions in support of new Waters.com, Marketing Automation platform and other microsites. This role will have significant interaction with several IT and business organizations within Waters.
Who are we seeking to attract?
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Here at Waters, we believe that hiring and developing the best talent will lead to diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures to create better products and services as well as a welcoming and dynamic workplace.
Waters is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
- Ownership of the delivery of software and technologies for customer experience solutions in support of new Waters.com, microsites and marketing automation.
- Play the squad lead role and lead the customer experience engineering squad.
- Manage and oversee successful delivery of multi-year, multi-phase program-scope, timeline, and quality.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive road map and lead the evolution of the content technology used on waters.com and microsites.
- Deliver a flexible, secure, and resilient architecture and platform.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment by working with technology infrastructure partners, other engineering teams and business teams to meet schedules.
- Technical depth to push the team towards a high standard of technical excellence and achieve the organization's quality bar.
- Follow engineering practices including agile delivery, microservices architecture, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.
- Maintain currency on new emerging technologies and marketing technology landscape and provide direction on what technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated to drive digital business
- Foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Balance the needs of the various business units, and blend them to create a seamless, state-of-the-art B2B experience
- Develop and sustain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, providing insights, thought leadership and guidance on changing industry landscape and opportunities to use existing technologies.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective technical solutions are in place to meet those needs and can respond with agility to changing business priorities
- Implements strategies to attract, retain, motivate and develop talent in their organization.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to direct reports.
- Software engineering management role in an eCommerce environment and 5+ years of leading Digital initiatives including Online/Mobile/Content/eCommerce/Analytics etc.
- Strong understanding of the entire eCommerce development process, including design, development and deployment, with back-end knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience with technical platforms like Adobe Experience Cloud (AEM, DAM, Analytics, Marketo, Launch, Audience).
- Experience with Cloud solutions (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as content management, analytics, personalization, and marketing automation
- Experience leading efforts in agile/scrum environments with knowledge of project planning, staffing, and estimating in an agile software development process.
- Experience managing off-shore teams as well as SI partners
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues and solve them quickly
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.