GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Service Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of service operations, managing the overall performance of all areas of the Service Center including P&L, equipment, personnel administration, and work schedules. It is the Service Manager’s objective to meet or exceed the annual EBITDA, sales budget and inventory goals while fulfilling the customers’ expectations for supply of product and service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all Service functions and workspaces in the Service Center.
- Delegate and direct Service tasks; monitor the Service department workflow processes and progress of all current and pending work assignments.
- Consistently deliver incredible customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concerns
- Proactively coach employees to achieve a high-performance level and manage costs and assets of the Service Center to achieve financial performance targets.
- Act as the highest source of information for all service, inventory, and product-knowledge concerns and work process matters (for both employees and customers)
- Manage and update work orders and invoices to ensure quality and timeliness of work performed and accurate invoicing.
- Provide a quality check process on all work performed and the accuracy of Invoices.
- Communicate and maintain good relations with vendor reps, dealers and subcontractors.
- Keep a safe and clean workspace at all times
- Monitor employee work and provide frequent progress reports in order to improve employee satisfaction and efficiency
- Follow and abide by all industry standards, regulations, and laws
- Help train new employees in company procedures, including safety and work processes
- Stay up to date on industry standards and any new innovations, materials, tools and/or processes that can benefit the company
- Provide direction and oversight to employees and staff and accurate reporting of business unit performance as directed by senior management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer literate and proficient with inventory catalogs and various Microsoft and Google Docs software and programs.
- proven track record in Service operations and customer service
- Works well under pressure and manages stressful situations with ease
- Strong customer service and salesmanship skills
- Ability to manage a P&L.
- Ability to calculate productivity
- Average oral and written communication skills