We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The E-Commerce Merchandiser will be responsible for day-to-day management of brands and specialty shops on Scheels.com pertaining to the various industries within the Hunting and Shooting Sports categories. This position will work closely within the Scheels E-Commerce team to build a world-class online shopping experience for other fans and will provide superior-level customer service to all of Scheels’ associates.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact.
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Passionate about the outdoors, hunting, and shooting, and the desire to build a world-class online shopping experience for like-minded passionate customers around North America!
- Strong knowledge of brand and category management strategy, web usability, etc.
- Brand & Product Data Entry on a daily basis
- Collections of all brand assets from images, to copy, to product specs, and all forms of media
- Daily monitoring of vendor/brand marketing efforts and any/all pricing requirements
- Work closely with our buying office
- Execute project work plans to complete the task on time, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Solid understanding of scheels.com and digital forms of media
- Ability to be organized, detailed, and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Strong initiative for continuous improvement
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising, or related field
- 2-3 years of Marketing, Merchandising or Styling/Design, experience is beneficial, but not required
- Retail experience is beneficial, but not required
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Roles are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work between 8a.m. and 5p.m., Monday through Friday, with some weekends as needed averaging 40 hours per week
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.