For years, Abbott’s medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
We are seeking an experienced Statistical Programmer to support clinical trial analysis and reporting in the Global Clinical Affairs organization. The role includes statistical programming support for clinical study reports and publications, and validation of statistical programs. This role will work with statisticians, statistical programmers, and clinical study teams on clinical studies in a variety of therapy areas.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provides statistical programing support for assigned clinical studies or projects
- Creates analysis datasets per specifications for each study
- Programs customized data displays in accordance with approved statistical analysis plan and shell displays for clinical studies
- Reviews table shells for clinical study reports
- Writes statistical programs to generate tables, figures and listings for clinical study reports
- Prepares documentation for statistical programs
- Conducts data checks to ensure data integrity
- Creates standard macros to improve efficiencies
- Provides input on standardization of processes, programs and documentation to improve efficiencies
- Conducts validation activities as assigned
- Maintains current knowledge in developments in statistical programming languages (SAS)
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- M.S. degree in statistics, biostatistics or related majors with 3 years minimum experience (PhD in statistics/biostatistics or related majors with 1 year experience) in statistical or SAS programming reqiured; 2 year experience in medical device or pharmaceutical clinical research studies preferred. Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years experience will be considered as well.
- Familiarity with at least one statistical programming package required; extensive experience with SAS preferred. Knowledge of at least one database software package required. Experience working on medical device clinical studies in highly regulated environment preferred.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member. Experience coordination, prioritizing and setting timelines for multiple tasks. Good organizational and time management skills. Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Able to describe complex procedures concisely and accurately. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
JOB FAMILY: Clinical Affairs / Statistics
DIVISION: AVD Vascular
LOCATION: United States
Santa Clara : Building A - SC Floor-2
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Yes
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf