We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Operator General Job Summary Below:
The Production Machine Operator will safely control various machines and equipment involved in production.
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Operates production machinery in accordance with company standards
- Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Obtains job tickets and reviews prior to running orders.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Ensures that appropriate contact relief is made, and machine hand-off occurs during shift changes.
- Works as a leader of the crew, overseeing operator assistants, feeders, packers, and inspectors working on the machine.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience working with a Bobst Die Cutter, Flexographic Printers, and Offset Printers preferred but not required. (please indicate if you have this experience when applying)
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret and translate designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, adjust, and debug to finalize majority of machine lines required in house or at the customers facility.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical written (and verbal)
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Visual color discrimination, the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colors.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Good attendance
- Strong leadership abilities
- High School Diploma preferred, technical school education, or equivalent.
- Heavy mechanical/operator level skills in a manufacturing environment.
- 7-10 years of related manufacturing focus experience in a converting facility or similar type preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic components.
- Trained knowledge in mechanical assembly standards, engineering standards, or other applicable procedures and parts flow.
- Experience working in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Work Schedule
- Must be able to work any shift.
- 1st shift (7a-3p), 2nd shift (3p-11p), 3rd shift (11p-7a)
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to perform the job in the physical plant location.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to move in a pushing and pulling motion when helping change loads; frequently required to climb on and off the press platform; continuously required to work above ground on top of the press; frequently required to bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, and twist. Frequently required to use eye, hand and foot coordination when making load change. Hand coordination is required of both hands for simple grasping.
- The employee is frequently required to lift under 10 pounds and between 40-45 pounds.
- Frequent/strenuous physical effort (lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.) required.
- Must be able to push, pull, and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to dust, fumes, vibration, toxic conditions, powder spray, heat, cold, and potential work hazards from the dryers.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required. This includes; steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear protections, and gloves. Other PPE may be required for specific tasks.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. . Please apply at
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.