Do you want to bring to market world-class casino games and supporting systems that attain leading positions in the emerging new media markets, take full advantage of the innovative possibilities new technologies present, and work with a team dedicated to helping each other work at their full potential?
You will join a team of like-minded game developers where you will apply your extensive knowledge of mobile web development to build games on a new HTML5 game engine. You will create reusable components and features that add to the existing library of components to build casino and instant win games. In this versatile role, you will make technical and architectural decisions, mentor your teammates with best practices of mobile web development, work closely with different groups such as artists, designers, producers, and backend engineers, maintain code quality, and write clear documentation. Passion, collaboration, and communication skills will be critical as you engage with engineers of varying backgrounds, levels of expertise, and coding philosophies.
- Perform hands-on software design, development and testing
- Build out a modular, reusable, and resilient game engine using test driven development that will be used to make high quality, low footprint performant games.
- Build browser-based games for mobile, tablet, and desktop channels while following the “mobile first” mindset.
- Deliver high quality and structured code compatible with the platform API’s inherent to our system
- Be an engaged domain knowledge expert in mobile web development and show passion for developing others
- Document extensively and maintain clear and frequent communication with others
- Become familiar with our current mobile HTML5 development environment to gain context around our legacy and history of game development
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Deep knowledge of mobile web development. Preferably you have worked the last 4+ years on HTML mobile games and/or game engine development
- Experience building game engine and tools that were widely used and popular across teams
- Prior experience with Canvas or WebGL renderers and PixiJS
- Passion for architecture, design, and software development
- Outstanding team player who can handle multiple tasks, and show flexibility/attitude to complete projects on time
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.