The primary purpose of the Store Manager is upholding the daily store operations of a retail store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising execution, managing expenses and inventory, training and development of the store team, human resources management, and outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall quality and performance of the retail store staff.
- Analyzes and measures business trends to maximize revenues and control costs at or better than plan.
- Ensures compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Models effective leadership to gain commitment to store goals and training standards.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and training and development of store personnel.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for all store employees.
- Manages expenses and develops strategies that position stores to perform in accordance with the budget.
- Monitors and identifies issues relevant to the loss or inconsistencies in the Store to ensure store achieves successful goals of shrink that are at or below company plan.
- Monitors and controls all aspects of operational compliance, safety and business standards.
- Identifies market conditions and merchandise opportunities and communicates valuable information to the District Manager for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensures company customer service standards are upheld so that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A standard work week consists of a minimum of 46 hours.
- Flexible schedule required which includes but not limited to the following: days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Education And/or Experience
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year in retail management.
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate with management, associates and customers.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and organize effectively.
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism in all situations.
- Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking skills. Project management, time management, analytical and superior organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment with the ability to use compassion and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing demands, from multiple sources.
- The ability to execute directives with precision and consistency.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is required
- Willing to work in multiple stores in the assigned district.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time; lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with flexibility.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel via car, plane or train
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.