Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) is the region’s premier physician-directed, multi-specialty group of health care professionals who participate with Tower Health in managing population health and promoting wellness, delivering health care that is readily accessible, compassionate, and of the highest quality and value, and engaging in clinical research and the education of health care professionals and our communities.
Inspired by passionate leadership, driven by innovation and enabled by technology that seamlessly connects providers and the population whose wellness they promote, THMG will be the region’s multi-specialty healthcare group of choice for patients, providers, staff and the region’s employers, delivering both high quality and value; a leader in clinical education and research.
Respect for all individuals and benefits of teamwork.
A culture of enthusiasm, pride and optimism.
Relationships based on integrity, trust and compassion.
Initiative and flexibility to define our future
Commitment to access and superior service
Providing integrated care that is efficient, cost effective and of high quality Responsibilities
The Bariatric Patient Assistant administers and performs triage and direct care to assigned patients under the direction and supervision of the RN/Nurse Manager or designee
- Height/weight and vital signs
- Updating medical records as well as assisting the clinicians with exams as requested.
- Ensures a smooth flow of patients through the office by providing efficient basic care to patients.
- Performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office running smoothly.
- Performs secretarial support for the office,
- Assist the front desk operations in performing general clerical tasks, such as checking patients in and out, filing, copying, answering the phone, and related duties as requested by the Practice Manager or designee.
- Documents and updates requirements for each insurance provider.
- The Bariatric Medical Assistant is responsible for managing the pre-procedural, pre-operative, procedural and post-procedural process for respective departmental patients.
- Helps to develop and conduct the information sessions with surgeons
- Guides the patient through the insurance requirements and clinical testing needing to obtain approval for surgery as applicable to the department
- Interfaces with the insurance companies by submitting the request for approval for surgery
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary Medical Assistant program recognized by United States Department of Education (USDE) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
Current Medical Assistant Certification awarded through:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- The American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or the National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- BLS Certification