The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Accounting department. Develops and maintains accounting principles. Analyzes and interprets financial data as it relates to the company’s financials. Ensures that financial reporting is timely and accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise, coach, train, and provide leadership and guidance to the Accounting team; assign performance goals; write and deliver performance appraisals and corrective action.
- Monitor daily workflows of the Accounting team to ensure service levels and timelines are being met.
- Review bank activity on a daily basis; transfer funds among bank accounts to ensure accounts are properly funded.
- Ensure all Accounts Payable transactions, invoicing transactions, and broker commissions are properly recorded for Month end processing.
- Review & analyze preliminary financial statements and investigate all material variances. Record journal entries as needed.
- Approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with annual financial audit with external auditors.
- Work closely with Information Technology, Project Management, and Business Systems team members regarding implementation of new systems and/or new product and enhancements of current systems; test new systems, reports, and enhancements prior to rollouts.
Immediate supervision of the Accounting department with responsibility for results in terms of methods and personnel. Responsibility for results rests primarily with the next higher level of supervision. Moderate responsibility for planning, coordinating and directing the activities of subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field; 3+ years of related accounting experience dealing with recording financial transactions, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting financial data; previous experience in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interface effectively at all levels within an organization.
Machines, Equipment or Software Used:
This position requires the regular use of a personal computer and general office machines. The ability to use the following software/systems is required: Sage 100 (MAS), Financial Report Writing Software, reporting tools, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department heads, managers and/or customers.
Ability to work with advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Functions at an advanced level requiring extensive knowledge of a professional field, and a working knowledge of related fields. Understands information in several unrelated professional disciplines.
Behaviors : Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Motivation : Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement