Works under close supervision to provide confidential administrative support to management and staff, including word processing, telephone services, scheduling, and other services as requested. Maintains logs and files. Screens and distributes mail, and orders supplies and other requested materials. Assists visitors, directing inquiries to the appropriate individual for resolution. Receives and directs incoming phone calls, packages, and visitors to their appropriate destinations. Represents the company by maintaining a professional manner and appearance at all times. Provides back up and overflow assistance to other departmental staff or managers. Receives general to detailed instruction on all assignments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provides confidential administrative support to members of management and staff, including word processing, telephone services, scheduling, and other services as requested.
- Screens and distributes mail, and orders supplies and other requested materials. Folds payment letters, insurance endorsements, etc., and makes sure they are sealed, posted, and received by the delivery person. Posts mail as needed, using postage machines and postage codes.
- Maintains logs and files.
- Maintains daily appointment calendars.
- Provides back up and overflow assistance to other departmental staff or managers. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Provides timely, accurate, and professional administrative support.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information as directed in company procedures. Possesses or acquires knowledge of company organization, and learns, follows, and explains company policies and procedures, as needed.
- Provides informed, professional, and accurate service and support to all customers and associates. Completes tasks within established department timeframes, and is consistently punctual.
- Maintains a professional work environment and appearance. Possesses strong written and verbal skills.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
One month to twelve months of similar or related experience
A high school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information, which may require some discussion. External contacts take the form of service to the public (customers or vendors) and requires ordinary courtesy in providing assistance or exchanging factual information.
Excellent organizational and editing skills. Typing at or above the 75th percentile in speed and 90th percentile in accuracy. Proficient with spreadsheets.
Requires effective communication with customers and/or other employees using common telecommunications equipment and computer equipment. Must be able to read, examine, and organize documents in English. May require the ability to sit, stand, and walk around for extended periods of time. May also require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Position will often be in a busy office environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment is essential. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Academy Mortgage Corporation is an EEO Employer, who participates in E-Verify. Reference checks are a pre-requisite of employment. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and credit checks, as required by state regulation. All successful candidates must provide original documents that will establish their identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Academy Mortgage Corporation