The driver completes an assigned list of duties and services that Darling Ingredients offer in an allotted scheduled time slot. Driver must have a Class B CDL to utilize the equipment needed to finish that given day's route.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
- Responsible for all pre-trips and post trips of equipment.
- Responsible for keeping electronic logs and if need to paper log correctly.
- Responsible for correctly operating any commercial motor vehicle safely obeying all traffic laws and DOT regulations.
- Ability to use hydraulic controls to operate different types of trailers.
- Ability to professionally communicate with management, drivers, vendors or any other person encountered during the course of a work shift.
- Have the ability and willingness to problem solve issues.
- Will be expected to be an integral part of the fleet team. An ability to communicate, conduct yourself, and be a professional at all times is a must for this position.
- Required to use all safety equipment as assigned
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must hold a current Class B CDL license.
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating similar vehicle to grease route truck.
- Must be registered on
- 3-5 years Class B experience preferred.
- Prior route experience within a customer oriented environment preferred.
- Possess time management skills that allow you to work efficiently while always maintaining safety as your top priority.
- Knowledge of basic tractor and/or trailer maintenance and small repairs
- Knowledge of equipment you are using and being able to do a correct thorough pre-trip and post trip of that equipment.
- Average math and computer skills.
- Knowledge of traffic laws along with DOT regulations concerning the area that you are operating a commercial vehicle or any other company equipment.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Ability to stay focused and concentrate on one thing for long periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally push, pull or move up to 100
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out at a plant, in the field, or in the cab of a commercial motor vehicle.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro