Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a highly motivated, and detail-oriented Survey Technician/Designer to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Newark, Delaware office.
- Draft preliminary layouts from engineering notes such as topographic and survey plans, sketches, and/or other drawings, ensuring they meet our company and industry standards and codes
- Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule to include reviewing drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the maintenance and storage of drawing files for active projects on servers
- Assist in the preparation of land development plans and correspondence with the project team, including design aspects such as site layout, grading and utility design
- Work as a support member of a survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of way, transportation, and construction surveys as needed
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in an engineering related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Survey Technician/Designer to include experience using AutoCAD and plotting deeds and plats
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, terminology and computer-systems applications relating to surveying
- Knowledge of mathematics, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current/valid State Driver's License
Survey, CADD Tech.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro