Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Industries is currently accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer Intern. Be a part of a rewarding summer internship with Raven Industries. The successful candidate will be able to work 40 hrs/week during the summer in the Sioux Falls development office (there are also opportunities for part-time work during the school year either at the Brookings or Rapid City Development Centers). Responsibilities include fabricating, testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting electronic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical components, subsystems, and systems. Complete specified projects and tasks within internship period. Position starts May, 2021.
- Complete projects as assigned within internship discipline.
- Attend Raven University sponsored training and educational seminars.
- Engage and participate in Raven sponsored events.
- Provide periodic updates to managers and peers on assigned project status.
- Work closely with assigned mentor to a successful completion of internship.
- Complete summer end internship presentation.
- Learn and apply engineering techniques, policies, and procedures.
- Perform testing and analysis on current an future design concepts.
- Document testing and analysis results for review.
- Analyze current and new designs to improve on cost, quality, and performance
- Sophomore/junior/senior level standing in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Linux embedded
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously without close supervision.
- Ability to work with high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and software as defined necessary for the internship.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Embedded, Engineering, Technology