Position: Housing Resource Manager, Shelter
Department/Location: Pottstown, Housing; 137 King Street
Availability of Position: October 15, 2020
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours a week: evenings, weekends and on call as needed
Reporting Relationship: Director of Housing ProgramsSalary and Grade: $37,000-$40,000 depending on education and experience;10 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition Program
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Empowers families in the shelter to move toward independence by emphasizing housing first, education, employment, and personal responsibility. The Housing Resource Manager will be responsible for client intake, assessment, on-going case management, client education, familiarization with community resources, empowering clients to meet program goals, reporting documentation, clerical organization, as well as to performing related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (or related field)
- 3+ years of experience in case management
- Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
- Willingness to be trained in and embrace The Sanctuary Model
- Must be a self-starter and have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at .
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http:// .
Or to send, mail or fax your resume and cover letter to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 378
Pottstown, PA 19464
No phone calls, please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Director on October 15, 2020
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1435
The Salvation Army USA