Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an EHS Manager, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing environment, health and safety leadership and direction, in consultation with the leadership teams for the 3M Aberdeen location.
- Setting short and long-term strategic direction, site EHS priorities, and assign resources.
- Maintaining full responsibility for results of functional discipline, including worker and process safety assurance, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, fire protection, etc.
- Supporting and communicating with site management, who have accountability for site EHS performance.
- Managing to site performance targets, coach, and lead salaried and hourly employees.
- Ensuring operational Environmental, Health and Safety performance through comprehensive delineation of health and safety requirements, active and visible leadership, and effective coaching to assure employee engagement.
- Ensuring compliance to all applicable standards and regulations, and conformance to all 3M environmental, health and safety expectations.
- Elevating site EHS culture through an expansion of standard work, employee engagement, mentoring and coaching, assuring effective and efficient resources (people and capital), and a pervasive, full compliance mindset.
- Pro-actively engaging division personnel and business team to advocate for long term strategic objectives.
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years’ experience with EHS programs and procedures within a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or environmental health and safety (EHS) discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in implementation of comprehensive EHS management systems
- Experience with hazard and risk assessments and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with state and federal regulations including (e.g, OSHA, EPA, etc)
- Self-directed, detail oriented, good interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Analytical, leadership, project planning, program development and deployment skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with all employees within the plant
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working in an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) role in a manufacturing environment
- Three (3) years of combined experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Applicable EHS certification(s)
Relocation Assistance: Is authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.