· Establishes department goals and objectives and a marketing plan for achievement
· Develops annual operating budget
· Maintains and analyzes financial data and reporting systems to measure performance against objectives
· Understands and implements manufacturers policies and warranty
· Ensures the Service Department adheres to applicable local, state and federal regulations that affect service operations
· Directs the activities of all department employees
· Develops a customer car repair process that will exceed customer expectations
· Ensure all employees are trained in and become active participants in the customer repair process
· Maintains good working relationships with customers that promotes repeat business
· Ensure customer issues are handled promptly, courteously, and satisfactorily according to factory and dealership guidelines.
· Strives for high quality repairs with a no comeback goal
· Ensures warranty claims are properly documented and submitted in a timely manner
· Develops retention and recruitment plan that includes mentoring
· Conducts weekly meeting with Service employees using active listening, maintaining open communication on department goals and progress reports, and addressing employee concerns.
· Completion of year vocational training and college with business courses preferred
· Knowledge of automotive service systems
· 3-4 years experience in an auto repair facility
· 3 years supervisory experience
· Must possess detailed knowledge of warranty policies and procedures
· Identify and write industry acceptable repair orders
All applicants must pass a background check, drug test and MVR (driver’s license) check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.