The Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN) is pleased to announce the opportunity for a Program Manager to join our growing organization. MiHIN Program Managers are responsible for aligning projects, resources, and activities across all departments, and budgets to achieve the program’s strategic goals.
A MiHIN program is a collection of related and interdependent projects and services that are assembled to achieve synergies or create new services. The Program Manager defines and manages major milestones necessary to meet the product roadmap defined by the Product Manager in alignment with the strategic objectives of the program as established by Executive Leadership. This includes working with the various Project Managers (and/or Coordinators/Analysts), Department Managers, and other staff to ensure that the individual project schedules, resources, and budgets are aligned and working optimally together towards the program objectives according to the established roadmap. The Program Manager serves as the business owner and subject matter expert for the program, setting day to day direction for the program on behalf of Executive Leadership. This includes regular status reporting and escalation of risks and issues to Executive Leadership, as well as surfacing requests for reprioritization when priorities from other programs or projects conflict.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain program schedule in alignment with strategic objectives
- Draft, update, monitor and maintain progress towards program milestones across all departments and related projects
- Routinely communicate program status, progress, issues and risks to executive management and related project team members
- Provide functional oversight to project managers and staff as they complete day to day program tasks
- Review documentation of requirements from internal and external stakeholders for accuracy and alignment to strategic objectives
- Ensure that necessary parties (staff, vendors, and stakeholders) are participating to accomplish the program goals, milestones or deliverables
- Support and collaborate with the Product Manager(s) and Customer Relationship Manager(s) who are working with participating organizations and the State of Michigan to serve as the primary day-to-day contact to facilitate communication and coordinate program activities
- Assist in the development of MiHIN’s use case documentation (as needed) with appropriate MiHIN directors, team members, or operations advisory committee/working groups
- Effectively communicate and respond via email, telephone, and formal writing
- Help manage and track the work of MiHIN-approved vendors, vendor contracts, vendor statements of works and vendor deliverables
- Document Program status in online tools such as Basecamp or eGrams as appropriate
- Assist in development and documentation related to policies and procedures
- Plan, Facilitate or attend/participate in weekly project management calls, stakeholder roll calls, staff roll calls, and related project meetings as directed
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of project management methods, techniques, and tools
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Excellent team facilitation and listening skills
- Familiarity with common online collaboration and presentation tools
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- PMI Certification and understanding of when and when not to apply the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition to achieve project success
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
- Prior experience working at the State of Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and/or the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget
- Previous experience with HITECH, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
This position manages other employees and contractors, as well as student interns.
Powered by JazzHR