Department: Renal Dialysis Unit
Location:St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville,TN
Shift Details: Full-Time,Day. Generally scheduled 10:00am-10:00pm or 11:00am-11:00pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Operations Coordinator in our Renal Dialysis Unit, you will be expected to:
- Coordinates unit services including telephone coverage, paging physicians, etc.
- Manage unit supplies including fax machines, printers, office supplies, and forms.
- Assists with communication and collaboration amongst disciplines, units, and other departments for well-organized patient care.
- In conjunction with the clinical supervisor, facilitates throughput by managing admissions, discharges and staffing assignments.
- Organize patient charts and prepare charts at admission and discharge.
- Ensure that patients are accurately assigned in capacity management. This includes ensuring that patients are promptly discharged from capacity management, when the patient is discharged.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
- Working in a hospital or medical setting is highly preferred
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.