Department: Supply Chain
Country: United States of America
Full/Part Time: Part time
Job Summary: Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for scheduling, dispatching, and resolving problems for our drivers, contractors, and/or carriers. This position requires you to have exceptional proactive communication skills with internal and external customers including resolving issues with timely pick up and delivery, check calls, activity documentation, and overall promoting a professional workplace attitude in a fast paced environment. Incumbent must be able to work any shift to satisfy the demand for flexibility of scheduling to ensure operational success. This includes, but is not limited to, day shifts, night shifts and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for professional, timely, and effective internal and external driver interaction via phone calls and system messages, by building and maintaining a positive attitude to strengthen driver engagement in order to minimize turnover and improve driver satisfaction and productivity.
- Responsible for driver load monitoring, including resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery, while proactively communicating to the affected customers. These problems normally include truck mechanical problems, traffic or weather issues, or customer directed shipment changes.
- Maintains the company safety culture to include daily safety messages, monthly driver briefings, and help enforce company policies to ensure DOT compliance and company requirements are being met.
- Ability to efficiently assign loads on driver to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and driver retention for assigned market areas. Including monitoring ongoing freight optimization based on current loads in progress.
- Maintain driver detention time and manage equipment through effective communication and planning in order to improve operational efficiency and profitability.
- Thursday & Friday: 5:00 PM-10:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- High School Diploma/GED with less than 1 year of working experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Keyboarding and typing
- Ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
Work Experience: Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID: 00365375 Part time Dispatcher (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”