- Provides nursing services to clients in their home in accordance with established Corporation policies. Works in an interdisciplinary relationship with other members of the Home Health team, case manager and under the supervision of the Clinical Manager.
- Observes, records, and reports to Case Manager the general physical and mental conditions of the client.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as are permitted by State and Corporation Policies, Procedure Manual and Nurse Practice Act.
- Accepts oral orders that are within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse as defined by the Nurse Practice Act and which the Licensed Practical Nurse is knowledgeable of through training.
- Assist the client with activities of daily living while teaching self-care techniques which are appropriate.
- Graduation from a State accredited Nursing Program and valid license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Ability to cope with occupational hazards such as exposure to contagious diseases, extreme weather conditions, domestic pets and dilapidated residences.
- Experience utilizing a laptop and/or personal computer, preferred.