Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
The Lead Control System Engineer/Technician (CSL) is responsible for providing Subject Matter Expert support within the 24x7 fulfillment center operations. The primary focus is on maintaining, advanced troubleshooting and modifying material handling equipment (MHE) control systems equipment to ensure operational performance of the MHE equipment including Conveyors, Sortation Systems, Hi Speed Scanners, Cameras, Print & Apply System and SCADA Devices & Programs.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and modify PLC ladder logic for MHE systems including PLC/PC Controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, Device Net, Profibus, motor control systems,
- Servo drives, variable frequency drives and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as escalation support for the control systems technician team; appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Monitor MHE Metrics and partner with facilities/client operations teams to deploy system performance improvements within the fulfillment center
- Apply subject matter expertise in MHE and electronic systems to maximize equipment availability to production
- Perform and utilize fulfillment center system assessments to identify opportunities in improving utilization of systems/equipment.
- Partner with facility operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations.
- Act as the technical consultant for capital projects within the building.
- Work within the cross site network to provide support and guidance for other fulfillment centers.
- May require the need to dial into other fulfillment centers and may require minimal travel.
- Communicate technical issues and project timeline with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team.
- Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Develop system documentation and Standard Work instruction for the operations team thus minimizing the risk of downtime caused by human error from the maintenance and operations team.
- Develop and/or maintain training documentation on relevant control systems.
- Provide training on control Systems to technicians.
- Develop maintenance procedures to maximize the usable life of assets and provide the greatest equipment availability to production
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have demonstrated experience using RSLogix 5000 to troubleshoot, program and modify PLC code. Lack of RSLogix5000 will disqualify the candidate for this role.
- Experience with Robotics systems components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting of 24VDC up to 480V 3phase systems.
- Experience and understanding of messaging protocols within a Warehouse Management System software as well as Warehouse Control Systems.
- Systems Controls knowledge and programming experience using RSlogix5000
- Field Service Engineering Experience
- Systems Trainer or training experience
- Experience with a wide range of conveying and sortation’s systems
- Experience with advance automation control systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI components
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify the following: PLC failures, device failures, Robotics systems components, Control Network components, HMI components, Motor Controls and starters, VFD’s and standard electrical components
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Interpret and modify mechanical/electrical drawings and P&ID's
- Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA Systems and KPI's
- Ability and willingness to train other employees with lesser skills
- Able to access all areas and levels of the facility
- Ability to interpret, understand and design policies & procedures and relate them to others.
- Project Management experience
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Jones Lang LaSalle