JMT's Survey & SUE Team is seeking Utility Technicians to perform assignments requiring extensive knowledge of utility locating/marking of all underground utility types. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Operate equipment to locate subsurface utilities
- Mark underground utilities
- Operate vacuum excavation truck in order to expose underground utilities
- Interpret roadway and utility plans, and utility record drawings
- Travel required
- Driver’s License Required
- At least Five (5) years of experience in the location of underground utilities
- Experience using GPR is preferred but not necessary
- Surveying experience preferred but not necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
Work is performed in the field 95% of the time. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Work is performed within a general office environment 5% of the time. Office work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Job Proficiency
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson