Who We Are:
From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Heavy Equipment Diesel Field Service Technician - Mechanic, you will be troubleshooting, diagnosing and performing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs on customer's equipment in the field. Candidates must furnish their own tools, be able to operate industry associated heavy equipment, and complete all assigned work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Heavy Equipment. Source and order parts as needed.
- Determine extend of necessary repairs including identifying major powertrain overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
- Proper use of diagnostic equipment.
- Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Complete all work orders (including warranty information) and time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Maintain service vehicle inspection records, daily inspections and driver logs as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Must keep truck and equipment clean and presenting the best impression possible to the public.
- Photograph equipment when necessary.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL license if required
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Maintain safe driving record.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision is required for this position as well.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust, and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals; work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and keep all required records.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information from schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Basic computer skills (Windows based programs and email).
- Possess and maintain an acceptable driving record according to company standards.
- Skilled in basic computer application programs
- Course work from accredited trade school, college or university with emphasis in mechanics, hydraulics, and automotive electronics is desirable.
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
Yancey Bros Co offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Compensation: $38,000 - $125,000 per year, contingent upon experience.
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities