If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site: https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$96679.htmld
Quality pet care is about preserving the life, comfort, and happiness of the animals in our care. We do this through thorough consultations, a highly trained staff committed to continuing education, and bringing the best medical technology to our hospital in Beaverton. Our advanced on-site diagnostics offer quick evaluation of your pet’s condition, and in the event of surgery, our surgical laser and quality anesthetics are designed to make your pet’s surgical experience as safe as possible with faster, more comfortable recovery times.
Murrayhill Vet Hospital is proud to have achieved the highest level of accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association. Visit our hospital in Beaverton today and ask for a tour. You’ll discover the difference of working with doctors and staff who genuinely care about the well-being of the animals we look after.
We are seeking an experienced Certified /Credentialed Veterinary Technician (CVT) to join our expanding hospital and team. Ideal candidates are well organized and enjoys projects geared toward strengthening the human animal bond. Candidates should have the desire to be a leader in their field and demonstrate strong team oriented skills. We are looking for a full time position working between 30 and 40 hours a week. Eligible benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, personal pet discounts and the ability to participate in our 401K plan.
We would be interested in a part time CVT working 18-29 hours per week.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
*High school diploma or equivalent
*Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT)
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Enjoys interacting with people as much as animals
- Keeps calm during a medical crisis.
- A reasonable degree of interpersonal skill;
- Animal restraint, phlebotomy, catheter placement, digital radiography; anesthesia monitoring; surgical preparation and assisting; dentistry; laboratory work; pharmacy; patient recovery; etc.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail, and be aware of the environment
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team, and support the doctors during surgical procedures;
- The ability to lift 50 pounds safely;
- The ability to multi-task, be organized, and get things done in a time sensitive way;
- Good communication and customer service skills. The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
At MHVH, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. We value an individual who knows how to balance work and life to maintain their health and well-being
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA Animal Hospitals