Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writes fee proposals and interfaces with clients to obtain work.
- Prepares work plans, assembles project team, perform tasks and ensures compliance with scope and timely completion of tasks.
- Prepares and approves design calculations submittals, specifications and other submittals.
- Reviews invoices and prepares/reviews progress reports to client.
- Responsible for directing and scheduling associates assigned by the Service Group Leader.
- Engineering challenges, to name a few, are urban hydrology, drainage, utility design, traffic and transportation engineering, paving and grading designs complying with the rigors of local, state and federal permitting guidelines
- Professional Engineer license in the state of Florida
- Four-year /engineering degree or equivalent
- Extensive (5 or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, cost control and management required
- 5 years’ experience with background in engineering design software and familiarity with AutoCAD and/ or Microstation production platforms.
- Capable of providing the necessary civil design services for private and local government entities keeping pace with the development needs of our community.
- Must have excellent technical writing, communication and project management skills
- Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening.
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.