At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we protect livelihoods and futures! Our client-members need us most when they have damage due to wind or hail, or a catastrophe strikes. We are seeking a temporary/seasonal Auto Storm Adjuster to assist us with storm claims.
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We're proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You'll Do: In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating an efficient settlement of material damage claims by determining the fair market value to repair damaged motor vehicles, campers, trailers, and boats. Responsibilities include:
- Completing desk reviews of initial adjuster estimates.
- Responding to incoming calls, emails, faxes, or mail relating to storm claims.
- Reviewing estimate differences and effectively negotiating with client/members and contractors or body shops in a professional manner to attain a fair settlement.
- Addressing supplemental and replacement cost claims.
- Maintaining an inventory of open storm claims.
- High School degree or equivalent is required. Experience in auto estimating and automotive collision repair is preferred.
- Proficiency with CCC One or similar estimating systems is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Strong computer skills are required to quickly learn our multiple systems.
- Must be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions and fully appraise all aspects of vehicle damage, which will include bending and climbing.
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
- The ability to travel is preferred (including overnight).
- Must reside in the Lincoln, Omaha or Grand Island, Nebraska areas.
- Hours for this position vary, dependent upon the storm season and your availability.