Contract to Hire with Benefits
We are looking for a Senior Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Responsible for the architecture, implementation, operation, and support of our RedHat Linux server environment and supporting products for a multi-tiered software/application environment.
- Ensures that Linux OS backup and recovery techniques are being applied and properly configured on production systems.
- Provides Tier 3 support to other Linux Administrators/Engineers and provides training and development of junior staff.
- Involvement in all key IT infrastructure projects to ensure required standards are met and a successful implementation path is established.
- Coordinates with vendors and manufactures to resolve operating system or hardware related problems.
- Works closely with the database team to provide a stable and properly tuned Oracle infrastructure.
- Builds and maintains task automation procedures utilizing Ansible.
- Maintains and troubleshoots systems with SELinux enforcement enabled.
- Employs DevOps best practices on infrastructure components where possible.
- Advanced knowledge of RedHat/Linux operating systems (version 6 and 7), including application layer products such as Apache, NGINX, Red Hat Satellite, and container platforms such as Docker.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Red Hat administration, security, and data access techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Red Hat performance tuning and auditing techniques.
- Ability to compose/execute shell scripts in one or more of the following: Bourne/Korn/Bash, PERL, Ruby or Python
- Skills in any/these areas a plus: SELinux, Samba, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Sensu or Splunk
- Ability to access and retrieve technical information from on-line services
- Ability to conduct network-level troubleshooting in collaboration with the networking team.
- Ability to work with infrastructure located in various cloud providers, such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Knowledge of automation technologies, such as Ansible.
- Moderate knowledge of vSphere, and deployment of infrastructure to VMware products.
- 8+ years of diverse work experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years’ experience in Linux operating systems and Linux based middleware administration, security, data access techniques, performance tuning and auditing in a complex enterprise environment
- RedHat or other Linux certification is a plus
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity.