Deciphera Pharmaceuticals is a commercial biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing important new medicines to improve the lives of people with cancer. We are leveraging our proprietary switch-control kinase inhibitor platform and deep expertise in kinase biology to develop a broad portfolio of innovative medicines. In addition to advancing multiple product candidates in clinical studies, QINLOCK is Deciphera's first FDA-approved drug, a switch-control kinase inhibitor for the treatment of fourth-line gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). QINLOCK, an oral oncolytic, is also approved in Canada and Australia for the treatment of fourth-line GIST.
Deciphera (NASDAQ: DCPH) is a publicly traded company headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Our state-of-the-art research facility is located in Lawrence, Kansas.
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on our “PATHS” Core Values:
- Patients - places the importance of improving the lives of patients and their caregivers at the forefront of every day's work.
- Accountability - for our performance and the way we work with coworkers and other stakeholders.
- Transparency - in our intent and actions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Honesty and Integrity - fosters trust and strives to deliver on our and the company's promises.
- Stewardship - values and uses wisely the resources and investments provided to the company.
Our Science and Our Pipeline:
Deciphera is developing novel small molecule drug candidates to improve the lives of cancer patients by addressing key mechanisms of tumor and drug resistance that limit the effectiveness of many cancer therapies. Our pipeline of drug candidates is designed to stop cancers from growing and spreading by inhibiting mutant forms or over expression of a family of enzymes called kinase. Enabled by our proprietary kinase switch control inhibitor drug discovery platform, we have developed kinase switch control inhibitors that interact at a molecular level in a way that is distinct from other kinase inhibitors and are designed to generate higher and more durable rates of response.
We have developed a diverse pipeline of differentiated, wholly owned, orally administered, oncology drug candidates that includes, among others, our recently approved product, QINLOCK (ripretinib), a broad-spectrum KIT and PDGFRa kinase switch control inhibitor is approved for the treatment of fourth-line GIST. Our follow-on study of ripretinib, the INTRIGUE study, is a pivotal Phase 3 trial in second-line GIST. We also have two additional clinical-stage programs for drug candidates DCC-3014 and rebastinib, both immune-oncology (or immunokinase) inhibitors, targeting the kinases CSF1R and TIE2 respectively. Two research-stage programs are in the pipeline as well.
We are seeking an Associate Director, Market Insights. This newly created position will report to the Director, Brand Insights and Forecasting, and will be located in the Waltham, MA office.
- Manage all aspects of Competitive Intelligence for commercialized and pipeline programs (to include but not limited to QINLOCK®, DCC-3014, Rebastinib, DCC-3116, and other areas, as assigned)
- Lead secondary data analytics, analogue/benchmarking initiatives, and database queries from lifecycle management, program teams, and/or senior management
- Provide operational support for patient, caregiver, physician, and payer primary market research projects for internal customers in Commercial, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, clinical and regulatory teams.
- Formulate data-based recommendations by providing business analyses and analytical support to other members of the Commercial Insights & Operations team.
- Develop and maintain excellent internal cross-functional relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment with and appropriate support of corporate and functional goals
- Collaborate within Commercial Insights & Operations to ensure data integrity and accuracy in reporting
- Operate in adherence with legal, compliance, and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry; build SOPs, guidelines and training to ensure broad understanding and compliance with such
- BS/BA degree in business or related discipline. Advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
- 8+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or consulting industries
- 4+ years of progressive experience in commercial analytics, brand forecasting, strategic planning, market research, and/or consulting
- Must be a true team player - authentic, humble, able to build a positive team spirit and lead through the ups and downs of a launch, puts success of team above own interests and support everyone's efforts to grow and develop
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and seamlessly at multiple “altitudes” within the organization. Maintains a “no job is too big or too small” attitude necessary to succeed in a startup environment
- Oral oncolytic, rare disease and/or launch experience, is strongly preferred
- Deep and proven experience leveraging a broad range of commercial data (e.g. Rx, Patient Claims, Specialty pharmacy, Hub, EMR, etc.)
- Strong experience drawing insights from clinical trial secondary research systems (e.g. GlobalData,
- Thrives in fast-paced, minimally structured environment, able to deal with ambiguity and can act without having the complete picture
- Ability to self-direct projects and work with some supervision