The primary purpose of this position is to drive and lead the development of leading research and technologies. The Engineer will lead and sponsor teams / projects that create / invent new emerging technologies and translates them into prototypes, models, data structures, and interfaces to ultimately transfer as part of a time to market (TTM) product development process. The engineer is responsible for other professional scientists/engineers in project role and/or significant technical activities in the center.
- Provides technical leadership by defining approaches to address difficult technical problems, implementing key technical work, drawing conclusions and making recommendations to ensure the delivery of project objectives.
- Leads larger, cross organizational project teams.
- Engineer electro-mechanical systems for 3D printers
- Develops and implements governance systems and reporting.
- Manage software testing scripts as needed, build electronics, and design mechanisms
- Exercises initiative in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual problems and resolve conflicts
- Makes recommendations regarding recruiting and other HR activities.
- Plans, schedules, supervises and reviews the work of professional scientists/engineers.
- Is influential in external technical communities promoting & leveraging Xerox research.
- Work with many disciplines to ensure systems function smoothly
- Functions as a thought leader in generating new ideas, new areas to explore, new ways to be effective.
- Strong contributor to quality invention generation, often the initiating inventor on many of the ID's.
- Degree in Electrical engineering preferred
- 3D printing industry experience
- Matlab experience
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary electrical engineering projects
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Fluent in electro-mechanical design, systems, and software
- Prior experience with 3D CAD software
Share this job:
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.