CONTRACT LABOR CATEGORY: Systems Engineer IV
AREA OF SUPPORT: Desktop Clients and Peripheral Testing
WORK LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
TRAVEL: Position does not require travel.
Intrepid Solutions is seeking a qualified Information Systems Engineer to support an innovative program within the Intelligence Community. This candidate should align to the experience, and be able to perform the duties, outlined below:
- High School or equivalent – Ten (10) years of work experience
- Associates Degree – Eight (8) years of work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Six (6) years of work experience
- Master’s Degree – Four (4) years of work experience
- PhD – Two (2) years of work experience
Responsible for Desktop Client Engineering and Peripheral Testing, the operating systems software, and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization. The successful candidate will have expertise in the development, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations of full life cycle Windows desktop environments to include peripheral devices, secure desktop OS images, core and specialized applications. The candidate should have previously built laptop/desktop images that meet STIG standards, and will be developing baseline images on a regular basis to include the OS, security agents, base GPO settings, as well as additional software profiles as required for multiple user groups. The successful candidate should have experience building images via task sequence method using Microsoft Deployment Tool (MDT) or (preferably) System Center (SCCM). They will manage a Windows domain, using Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, PowerShell, and VMware.
Will work with the Government end-user community, Government specific software applications, and other Service Areas to ensure best integration of end-use compute across the environment as well as diagnosing issues and providing solutions. While the majority of the endpoints are Windows 7/10, the customer operates a small number of Linux/MacOS devices, and you will be responsible for the full life cycle of these endpoints.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running Windows operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of Desktop Images, Servers and systems.
- Maintain systems documentation.
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Research and recommend hardware and software, coordinates installation and provide backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Evaluate desktop/ software and hardware technologies and determines how they can best be effectively integrated into the customer’s environment.
- Develop, tests, deploys, and maintains Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in Microsoft Active Directory (AD) for end user devices, which implement STIG and other device and account controls.
- Develop, tests, and deploys desktop/ images including applications and GPO updates.
- Design and integrate new software and hardware into the customer’s environment.
- Manage anti-virus and malware detection, analysis, and remediation. This includes providing installation, configuration, and support for anti-virus and anti-malware software tools.
- Manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools for the desktop environment, including installation, configuration, and support for DLP tools.
- Perform regular operating system and application laptop patching of Microsoft operating systems and applications. This requires experience with the installation, configuration, and use of SCCM
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Perform research, analysis, and design for all OS systems and the network infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and document formal configuration guides as needed.
- Provide security controls and maintain necessary network/data separation
- Ensure that essential services are installed on supported versions of OS and keep the versions of the services themselves up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with DoD vulnerability analysis and Industry Best Business Practices.
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise configuration and application management solutions using Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise solutions for Windows 7 and 10.
- Experience with developing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges.
- Experience with Python. PowerShell, and Bash scripting.
- Familiar with VMware ESXi and VSphere.
- Familiar with virtualization network on multiple classifications.
- Familiar with Citrix or VMware VDI architecture.
- 8570 IAT II Certification
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing an pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Intrepid Staffing, 703-992-0386, or Recruiting@Intrepidsolutions.com.
Powered by JazzHR