At Precise Solutions, we are looking for top talent consultants to bring on as employees of our organization and service our clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries primarily located in the Northern Chicago Suburbs. We are much more than a consulting firm! Precise Solutions provides competitive compensation packages with great salaries, benefits, health insurance, paid time off and 401k. We currently have an immediate need for the following:
Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Client: Pharmaceutical, TBA
Business Unit: Corporate-Information Technology (HQIT)
Location: North Chicago, Illinois
Pay Rate: $72- $77 pr. Hr. plus health, dental, vision insurance, 401k and PTO
Our client is looking for a highly motivated cloud engineer that will be responsible for the engineering, implementation, and operations of cloud services in a multi-cloud environment. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing involving multiple disciplines and collaborate with business units to provide consultation and support for cloud solutions with a focus on best practices and security for all cloud services and solutions. This role will also be expected to investigate and engineer new technologies focused on automation to enhance and secure the cloud platforms and provide agility to the business.
- Design and implement large data transfers leveraging specialized tools and clouds’ options.
- Reviews architectural diagrams for proposed solutions and implements the standard cloud or on prem services based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Engineer and implement native or hybrid multi-tiered cloud applications to the public or private infrastructure.
- Manages the configuration and deployment of cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, ECS, RDS, Lambda, Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, and Resource Groups.
- Expertise in cloud native security tools such as Trusted Advisor, Config, Cloud Watch, IAM, Organizations, Inspector, Security Center, Monitor, Advisor, and Log Analytics.
- Utilize continuous integration and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, PowerShell, Cloud Formation Templates, and Terraform.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions.
- Implements best practices, cloud governance, and security controls across infrastructure and applications.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills in the Linux and Windows Operating Systems platforms.
- Manages cloud services costs and investigates opportunities to reduce spend across the multi cloud environments.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the engineering and implementation of new cloud applications or solutions.
- Provide third level support to operational teams to ensure Incident and Problem Management is a mechanism that feeds continuous improvement
- Assist application and architecture teams with proof of concept cloud services and implement the design in a lab environment.
- Establishes strong partnerships with key vendors, BTO’s, and infrastructure teams to deploy and support cloud services.
- Collaborates with the architecture team on cloud strategy.
- Adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Linux Certifications like RedHat Certified Engineer or Architect
- Google Professional Collaboration Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 3-5+ years’ work experience designing, executing, and supporting cloud services in a multi-cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Has participated in the design, implementation, and migration of applications to a cloud environment.
- Recent work experience health care/life science organization is a plus.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- 5-10 years of systems engineering experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with AWS and Azure Cloud Architectures.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with leading industry standard server hardware & software, required.
- Extensive knowledge of IaaS and good working knowledge of PaaS and SaaS.
- Good working knowledge of: DevOps, various types of automation, container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Prior experience designing, managing Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Experience doing architecture and design of IIS servers (including the use of SSL Certificates)
- DNS architecture, design, and administration experience.
- Experience with VMWare, ESX Server with Virtual Center required. Working knowledge of vSphere and VDI.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 required. Knowledge of 2019 is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of industry standard disaster recovery policies