General Description: This is a paraprofessional position. The incumbent performs routine tasks to oversee community integration and/or daily living activities of persons served.
Organization: The Training Specialist position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Training Specialist Ladder has four levels ranging from Training Specialist I to Senior Training Specialist. Incumbents normally report to a Training Specialist Supervisor and supervise no staff.
- Assists with assessments and the development/implementation of program and service plans.
- Participates in program reviews.
- Supervises persons served, including their self-administration of medicine.
- Develops and maintains files regarding available community resources.
- Depending on assignment,
- Transports persons served.
- Trains persons served in daily living, housekeeping, socialization skills, etc.
- Maintains contacts with businesses and/or other community providers.
- Trains persons served in job-related skills.
- Completes paperwork and files reports as required.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- None Known
- Field - Routine exposure to adverse weather, dust, fumes, odors, noise, vibrations, and repetition
- Location - Site-based programs, community and/or community based businesses
- Travel may be necessary to transport persons served.
- Must be able to physically assist persons served, up to 100 pounds, maneuver
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Familiarity with programs and services for persons being served. Must be able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Case management and training skills, required. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with persons served and their families, staff, Board members, and community groups/businesses.
Education, Experience and Training: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience; CNA Certification preferred - OR - Bachelor's degree in a related human services field and one (1) year related experience - OR - Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education, experience and training up to a bachelor's degree. Must meet the requirements for Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QDDP) or Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) designation.
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
- TB test
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check
- Twelve-month probationary period
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidate must be available between the hours of 4:00 am--9:00 am.
SUMMARY OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Hanover County is proud to provide our employees with the following comprehensive benefits package. Hanover provides a benefit package that provides for you in times of need, they offer an ongoing level of financial security, peace-of-mind, and healthy work-life balance. This is part of our goal to make Hanover County an attractive place to work. To see exactly what you will find with our offerings, click the link below:
This is an overview and does not provide all provisions, limitations, and exclusions. If there is a contradiction between this and the official plan documents, the plan documents will prevail. The Pamunkey Regional Jail and Library share some of the County benefits, please visit their website for more details.