In April 2019, Orion merged with Land Mark Products out of Milford, IA, making Orion Land Mark the nation’s largest pizza supplier to the convenience store industry.
Orion Land Mark franchises and/or licenses its branded food concepts to over 2,000 locations throughout the world!
Orion Land Mark is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team.
The Maintenance Manager supervises repair and maintenance of equipment and coordinates activities of workers engaged in all maintenance areas. Assists in maintaining buildings & grounds, ammonia system, Process Engineering projects.
- Responsible for the safety for all employees under their supervision by conducting safety orientation and training of employees, enforce safe work practices, correct unsafe conditions, prevent lingering unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards.
- Develop and maintain extensive training program for the development and ongoing education of Technicians.
- Develops and maintains preventive / predictive maintenance programs. Provides management and staff with weekly/monthly reporting of plant activities.
- Directs personnel in setup and teardown of related equipment to meet production schedules in all production and shipping & receiving areas. Maintains detailed procedures & manuals for Teardown & Setup Program and Maintaining Equipment.
- Directs personnel in maintaining equipment relating to electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Responsible for maintaining budget for maintenance dept. and maintaining equipment in the most cost-effective manner while minimizing downtime and inefficiencies.
- Responsible for ongoing improvements in product flow, product consistency, labor reduction, increased line speeds, and line efficiencies in all areas of plant.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies. Maintains proper spare parts inventory to minimize downtime.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, safety standards, and food safety standards.
- Assists personnel with repair and diagnosing problems with equipment and machinery as needed.
- Interprets company policies to workers, maintains and enforces GMP, HACCP, SFQ, OSHA, Bio-Security, Environmental Regulations and Orion standards in the work environment.
- Coordinates maintenance and preventive maintenance projects with other departments to minimize disruptions and downtime.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists Team Members in solving work problems as needed.
- Engineer equipment modifications for improved performance and adaptability to other products & procedures upon management approval.
- Schedule personnel within the department to get maximum performance for scheduled hours while minimizing overtime.
- Assists as needed in operating and maintaining ammonia system, PSM program, and all regulatory guidelines for system.
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated team atmosphere with positive attitudes amongst crew members. Establish and maintain a great report with all departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Must have Forklift Certificate
- Preferred electrical experience, general manufacturing practices and hazmat
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays