Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
· Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.”
The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
We are searching for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer that brings expertise, enthusiasm and efficiency to our team. The engineer will be a member of a close-knit team that develops web-based data-driven applications supporting key areas of our business. This empowered, self-organizing team enjoys delivering leading edge, mission critical systems that are powerful yet simple.
You must be comfortable in a high-pace rapidly changing work environment and possess complex problem solving abilities. We are looking for someone with both bright ideas to help the team deliver the best solutions meeting our customers' needs, and an innate ability to execute, turning these ideas into reality.
- Deliver scalable, robust, and simple software solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to deliver maximum performance
- Resolve high priority defects
- Participate in design, development, code review, testing and deployment activities
- Create and maintain documentation
- Write automated tests
- Collaborate and communicate with team members, project managers, and at times internal customers
- Attend regular planning meetings and daily stand-ups, encourage successful team delivery of results
- Keep abreast of new relevant technologies providing recommendations for product and process improvements
- Mentor less experienced engineers on the team
- Mastery of data types and object-oriented programming
- 5+ years of programming experience, preferably using .NET/C#
- Professional Experience designing and building microservices and RESTful API’s
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment is perferred
- Professional Experience with SQL, relational databases, or NoSQL document stores
- Professional Experience with distributed version control systems, preferably with Git
- Experience with system architecture and enterprise system design is preferred
- Agile methodology experience (i.e. scrum, sprints, code reviews, shared team ownership)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and deliver results with aggressive timelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or minimum 5+ years of on job experience are required
· Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
· Your choice between Mac or PC
· Employee pricing on smart home products
· Casual dress code
· Onsite gym
· Onsite health clinic
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For: Honesty and Integrity Come First - Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage - A relentless passion to serve the customer Innovation is Essential - Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together - Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected - Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back - Helping people is core to our DNA
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".