This position is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and bath in accordance with company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction and safety and security; assisting with the supervision of the housekeeping and laundry departments; and acting as housekeeping supervisor in absence of department supervisor or manager.
Education & Experience
- High-school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous commercial cleaning experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible in hours/days.
- Must be able to periodically kneel and reach.
- Must be able to push and/or pull to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, etc.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge and greet guest in rooms and/or in passing in hallways and other public areas.
- Respond to guest’s request for additional supplies such as extra towels, iron board, etc.
- Be available to work a varied schedule of hours worked and days off.
- Assist other employees in various assignments such as cleaning, stocking supplies or assisting in laundry.
- Accept other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Perform work duties in accordance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Perform work duties in accordance with regulations such as OSHA, HAZCOM, and Blood Borne Pathogens and other applicable state and local regulations.
- Report and store lost and found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Assist housekeeping supervisor with preparing work schedules and direct staff to adhere to schedules. Make adjustments to schedules as needed to meet business demands.
- Assist with the training of room attendants and laundry attendants.
- Assist housekeeping supervisor with administrative duties such as productivity measurement (e.g., MPR reports), room status, room inspections, room work orders, and taking inventory of supplies.
- Advise housekeeping supervisor with regard to poor performance and improper employee behavior that may require counseling or discipline.
- Act as manager on duty for department in absence of housekeeping supervisor.
- Stock supply cart and use the amount of supplies in accordance with standards.
- Clean a guest room, which include but is not limited to stripping and making the bed, gathering and emptying trash, cleaning mirrors, dusting furniture and fixtures, and vacuuming.
- Clean guest baths, which includes but is not limited to cleaning bath fixtures, commodes, floors, walls and mirrors.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry in accordance to standards.
- Inspect room for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly and make small repairs such as replacing batteries for remote control or replacing light bulbs. Report request for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Inspect rooms and baths to assure quality standards have been achieved.
- After cleaning each room and bath, report room status to front desk in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Achieve productivity and quality standards for cleaning rooms and baths.
- After cleaning rooms and baths, store cart and supplies, and empty trash in accordance with hotel procedures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts